Thursday, August 27, 2009

What The Hell Is The Matter With Me?

So I sent off an email to a prospective therapist yesterday...one of those generic "Write 200 words maximum about what you're looking for in regards to therapy" deals. 

And so I did.  Explained a bit of my situation, and also my son's situation.  Haven't gotten into that little nugget of drama, but suffice to say, it's surrounding his father being upset about the close relationship my boyfriend and son have.  Sigh.  We'll work it through though...I have full faith on that point.

This morning, I received an email back from the therapist and now..well, now I'm sitting at my desk crying because I'm just so relieved that there's someone to help.  I'd called around a few months ago to a few different places for my son, but none of them felt "right".  The timing now is better...especially since it appears I need therapy more than I want to admit.

I'm relieved...but also scared out of my mind.  I'd been in therapy before...but I think back then I was in a different place in my life and just wasn't ready to tackle my issues full steam ahead.   Now I'm seeing just how much I need to get it all out.  As hard as it'll be...and I'm sure there will be many more tears to come..I have to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your words of wisdom with the rest of the class. :)