Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I'd be interested in hearing what my fellow adoptlets have to say about this…it's something that's been weighing heavily on my mind lately.

 Recently, and this may just be because I'm a needy little bitch..or that there has been so much going on within my natural family, I've felt like the reunion honeymoon is over. When I was first "found" (I actually HATE that term and am open to suggestions on other words that might be more appropriate), my natural mother and I would email for hours every day…she'd even begun a tradition of counting down the hours, then minutes, before I could escape this stupid cubicle and head home.

Now though, it's different. And I find myself getting upset at myself for slipping back into the "Woe is me" mentality and thinking I'm just not good enough anymore. I'm constantly wondering if she's avoiding me (which I honestly in my heart don't believe is the case, so it's just dumb of me to even ponder it)..or whether now that I'm here, and she knows me, the novelty has worn off.

Is there such a thing as a honeymoon period in terms of reunion? Do things just naturally slip into an "easy" sort of relationship?

And if so, easy for whom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your words of wisdom with the rest of the class. :)