Thursday, November 15, 2012

Catching Up ~ NaBloPoMo ~ November 15

Whoops...it seems that work and life caught up with me and I am finding myself backtracking to write five days worth of posts. Sigh.

Writing prompt for November 15 ~ The Unexpected

Is there an area of your life that most people would not suspect has been affected by your adoption in which being adopted has been an issue? How do you handle that area when discussing with other people?

I love to crochet.  I make hats, scarves, purses and afghans for my friends and family.  It's satisfying to complete a work in progress and to see the joy on someone's face when they see what I've created, just for them.

Recently, I was perusing a forum that I am part of for crocheters and came across a fundraiser that was being put on by a friend of potential adoptive parents.  She was making crocheted items to sell to make money for this couple in their pursuit of obtaining a child. 

I didn't say anything on the forum or that thread...instead I kept my mouth shut.  Why?  Because I wasn't in the right frame of mind at the time to explain all the reasons that this was offensive to me.  Perhaps someday I'll be able to go back and say something but not yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your words of wisdom with the rest of the class. :)