Thursday, September 3, 2009

Migraine-a-licious

The session went well. I'm happy with my therapist and she seems confident that she can help me. I felt like she really understands my pain and the issues that I'm dealing with. Probably better than I understand them.

She suspects that I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because of the trauma I've experienced..and I could see the wheels turning in her head as she was making plans for my recovery. It was heartening..and terrifying all at the same time.

We're going to deal with the incest issues first because of the flashbacks. I haven't had any new ones..just the recurring memory that I blogged about before. It's happening every day now though. Usually I can work through it on my own...and luckily I work pretty independently at my job and can slip away if I need to when I have one at work.

I just want to skip ahead to the good part of the book. The part where I'm healed and happy. I've never read that far ahead in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi A.C.
    How are you currently? bad joke, sorry. i haven't been back on the adult adoptees site for a while - life kind of has been overtaking me. anyway, i just checked in with my blog - latedelivery.wordpress.com - and saw you had visited. i'm thinking about putting it into a book form this month - any thoughts, insights, suggestions, etc.?

    it's 6 am where i'm at. hit me up and i'll give you some feedback on your writing - i've been reading - if you want.

    al

    ReplyDelete

Share your words of wisdom with the rest of the class. :)