Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Is It Necessary?

I'm on vacation this week.  Wheeeeeeee!  We've just been doing day trips with the kids...the zoo, the local corn mega maze (3 hours of my life I'll never get back) and today, the Museum of Science. 

While we were walking through, I stopped at a scientific timeline on the wall.  It had interesting facts about the start of science and small snippets about famous people who helped progress along.

I reached Leonardo Da Vinci's snippet and did a double take. 



Was it necessary to mention the fact that Da Vinci was a bastard right away?  I mean, even Wikipedia doesn't say it until the second paragraph of the write up and even then it just says, "born out of wedlock". 

Not that I'm ashamed myself of being a bastard.  I own that title...I earned that title.  But Jeez Louise, really?

4 comments:

  1. Seriously? I did not even know this and find it not at all relevent. DaVinci was amazing; lets focus on that people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part of this made me laugh...My very first "real" job when I was a kid was at a Mega Maze in Massachusetts and I cant tell you how many families left (after practically dying of heat stroke) saying "well thats 3 hours of my life Ill never get back" lol... Glad you survived :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should have sealed his original birth certificate so that no one could have found out. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really not necessary and totally uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete

Share your words of wisdom with the rest of the class. :)